Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Ratu Sukuna Day!

Hi ya'll! Hope that everything is going good for everyone. And today we celebrated Ratu Sukuna Day who is a statesman of Fiji. He is well known and well loved thats just about what I know about him. We had a ward activity in which we had to dance to Tina Turners song, "Proud Mary" it was a hilarous dance. Our Relief Society sisters were all so good that everyone was on the edge of their seats laughing. Tina Turner was our former Relief Society President Eta Taukada, she really did play her part well.
By the way I happen to be the Relief Society 2nd Counsellor in our family ward. Its weird to be back in a family ward again, there are so many things that are done differently. Its really a great calling I realize why the Lord blessed me with the BYUH experience. Its been great getting to know each of the sisters and realize how each of them are unique. They also have faced extraordinary challenges and continue to face them but they're still in the church. Every Sunday attending church feels like a treat, most of the lessons given leaves a lot to be desired but the spirit I feel from them often rejuvenates me and keeps me in check the whole week.
Work this week was uneventful, it was a usual week where we deal with Family Assistance. It's the assistance we give to the poor kind of like TANF. It's can be really draining to deal with recepients but I love my job so no complains.

No comments: